blog · knitting

Modified Shrug

I had been debating making a Minisweater (aka boobholder aka shrug) for a while. There are many versions of it on Ravelry since it’s quick, easy, and looks good on most women (of the right height/build.)

I love Stephanie Japel’s pattern for this sweater, and how she (and a lot of people on Ravelry) look in it, but when I made it I wasn’t that happy with the result. I put it in my closet and left it there for about half a year (partially because it was winter). Recently, I took it out again and decided to redo it since I liked how the neckline looked, and the colours.

The yarn I used was Bernat Mosaic in Ambrosia, a bulky acrylic that has long colour repeats to get a striping effect. When I went to modify the pattern, I undid the garter bottom, did some waist shaping, then knit in stockinette until I got to the bottom, where I did about 5 rows of garter.

From the side…

And laying flat. I’m in a new apartment, and still haven’t quite figured out where the best lighting is, but the colours are close.

It’s great with a tank top, the perfect amount of extra warmth for early fall.

On another note, it’s great to be back blogging, rusty as I am. I was blown away by how many people have visited so far, over three hundred! Thanks for checking out my blog, I’ll try to keep the posts and patterns coming.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s